Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Homework!!!

I had a great time meeting people at the feast but I had to get back to the house to finish my homework. I have been looking at all the kits from past terms and I have to say I'm impressed! I may be an ickle firstie but my kit skills are stellar. I wasn't sorted into Gryffindor for nothing. ;)
So here's my homework questionnaire.

1. What are your three most favorite colors?
I am a colour fiend!!! My all time favorite favorite colours are: tangerine orange, alazarin crimson, & grass green.

2. What are you three least favorite colors?
I love most colours but a few are not really my bag. I would say muddy colours are not good for me. Not browns per se but colours that are not saturated or clear. Tweeds are not great for me. If I was forced to pick (which I guess I AM!) I would say my least favorite colours are peach, mustard, olive green.

3. Your favorite candy is Caramel Creams.

4. Who is your favorite Weasley?
Arthur. I love how much he loves his wife and his children. I love how he accepts Harry into his family with no questions, just love. I was surprised at how worried and sad I was when he was injured. Any man who can raise children of the caliber of the Weasley's is a father, a Man, I want on my side.

5. Do you knit, crochet, or both?
I have knit for about 25 years and I have about 5 or 6 years of crochet experience. I prefer knitting because I can do it without thinking but one of my resolutions for 2009 is to get a little more automatic with my crochet.

6. What type of kit did you ask for?
A sock kit. I love to make socks!!

7. Acrylic— (a) has its uses, (b) should all be burned, (c) best yarn to work with?
(a) The new blends can be really useful and there is a time and a place for everything under the sun. I love fantastic yarn as much as the next girl but sometimes I need a cheapie! ;)

8. Who is the Gryffindor Head Girl ?
Millicent Brocklehurst or CentyB if you love her! ;)

9. Name four "extras" you would love to receive in your kit.
Hmm...I love tea (Black teas, Mint teas). I am a sucker for lip balm. I love all different kinds. I LOVE notebooks. Any kind, any shape. I also like kid drawings. I do a lot of embroidery on stuff for kids and I love to have drawings done by kids to use for decorations.

10. What are your three most favorite scents?
honeysuckle, lavendar, mint

11. Do you prefer salty or sweet snacks?
Depends on the mood I'm in but I usually start with salt and move on to sweet.

12. Which Gryffindor and Slytherin students are sisters in real life?
Lizzy Wychwood and Emma Wigworthy are the sisters if my sleuthing is correct! Which just goes to show you that my answer to the favorite character is not so odd!

13. Do you really need more stitch markers?
Actually yes! I don't have very many. :)

14. DPNs, circular, or straight?
DPNs or circs. I have a hard time using straights because I have some issues with arthritis and carpel tunnel syndrome in my right hand.

15. Favorite yarn? Dream yarn?
My favorite yarn is Handmaiden's Casbah Sock. It is fantastic to knit with, holds up really well, has GORGEOUS colours and the price is not bad for the yardage. Dream yarn? I love Cashmere of all kinds, any nice cashmere silk blend would be lovely as long as it was dyed well. I am a sucker for a beautiful colour!

16. Favorite HP Movie?
Prisoner of Azkaban. I love Sirus, Hermione punching Draco, the time-turner, flying on Buckbeak, the introduction of Professor Lupin, all wonderful. I thought this one was directed the best as well. My only sadness was that my beloved Richard Harris passed away and this was the first of the movies without him.

17. Favorite HP character?
Severus Snape. I love him. He's the most flawed, complicated, sad, lonely, horrible, loving, tragic character and I was glad I trusted him all along. (Check out my ravelry avatars to see my devotion!) It might seem odd since I'm a Gryffindor (Roar! Roar!!) but so was Lily. :)

18. What is your favorite pattern?
Gosh. I love so many!! This is one of my all-time favorites, Convertible, it's a convertible shawl. I also love cowls of all shapes and sizes since I don't wear scarves.

19. My ravelry name is tuliptoe!!

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try Convertible. Caramel creams (Goetz's) are my hubby's fave, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I find a good source for them I'll make sure to let you know! :)

    ReplyDelete