Monday, February 23, 2009

I've been tagged!!


The lovely Dagmara tagged me on this cool meme and as she is a fellow house member I must do as she asks!!
Here's how it works:
1. Go to your pictures on your computer
2. Open the 6th folder
3. Choose the 6th picture
4. Show the picture on your blog and write something about it.
5. Invite 6 new people to this challenge.
6. Link to them and let them know they have been tagged.

So my picture is the character Eduardo from Cartoon Network's "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends". It was a pretty cool commission. I worked on Ed and Cheese (another imaginary friend). I got the job from a random email that got sent out to a few yarn stores here around 6 or 7 weeks before Christmas. It was an oddly worded email that made it sound like the person wanted an entire sweater knit before Christmas. No one wanted to TRY that so I emailed the person for some clarification. It turned out that she needed two panels knit so that she could then attach them to a ready made sweater and then photoshop it to look like it was a homemade sweater. It was for a photo shoot for a calendar and this was going to be December. I had to chart them and then knit them in a little under 2 weeks. Things were further complicated by my having to be out of town for the entire time I was knitting them. Even further complicated because I was at my brother and sister-in-laws house while he was having radiation due to cancer and then everyone else in the family got the stomach flu. (At this point it's customary to say "EWWWWWWWW!")
SO, I got started on my first intarsia project. Yes folks I said yes to a commission with confidence and started right out having never done intarsia before or frankly ever creating my own chart. BUT luckily for this intrepid knitter it all got done and done well (if I do say so myself) and the resulting calendar looked really great! Very Molly Weasley sweater-like. And it made me feel like a "hip" knitter since now I get to say that I once worked for Cartoon Network in a knitting capacity!
I am tagging a few folks Siân, Wisteria, Lizzie, CentyB, Ophelia, and Pandora! Let's see your pictures ladies!

3 comments:

  1. I am so BEHIND! Will get my post up this weekend; thanks for tagging me (Ophelia did too!). And I LOVE Eduardo. Nice knittin' there!

    ReplyDelete